I provide system-wide engineering services that are required for managing and realizing multi-layered systems such as distributed multimedia products.
I provide classic requirements management services.
- Liaison with stakeholders and identification of needs and desires
- Definition and validation of stakeholder requirements
- Development and verification of system requirements
- Inclusion of quality and non-functional requirements
- Integration with standards and laws
- Coordination with architects and implementers
These services are crucial when developing interactive and multi-layered systems. I ensure the determination of the requirements for all layers, the recognition of contingencies and a comprehensive and consistent design of the system.
The specifications that I create are the core documents for generating contracts, for communication, and for development tasks in interactive and multilateral projects. Examples are functional specifications, user interface specifications, and test specifications. These specifications take into account the various different requirements, interests and mind-sets from strategists, lawyers, graphic artists, engineers, software developers etc.
For developers and testers the specifications include the technical system architecture with a necessary level of detail. E.g.:
- Structured requirements lists
- SysML diagrams
- API definitions
- Protocol specifications
The specifications also include appealing and coherent descriptions of the system context, which is required for marketing, product management and decision makers. E.g.:
- System advantages and visions
- Example scenarios
- Interface descriptions
- Non-functional requirements
I provide services for system-wide verification and validation.
- Development of test specifications
- Definition of test strategy and test material
- Implementation of test applications
- Inspections and reviews
- Usability testing